Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Who'da thunk???

Today was an interesting day. When I woke up this morning I needed to go for a run. Not "wanted to" or "felt like a run" but actually NEEDED to run. My legs were, for lack of a better term, twitchy and my energy level was high so I threw on my shoes, kissed the wife, and hit the road. I didn't wear my watch or heart rate monitor or iPod. It was exactly what I needed to do. I didn't pay attention to my time or pace. It was liberating. I turned around at a mile and a half to head home finishing at exactly 3 miles in about a half hour.

After the run, we all grabbed our suits and went to the pool for about 40 minutes. Ryu's swimming is coming along slowly but she is progressing. We're working on using arms right now. I didn't do any "exercise" swimming. I was there to spend time with the girls. After that, went home for showers and lunch. Then it was off to babysitting for Kristy and Ryu and I headed into Boise for some errands.

Dinner was light and filling. Chicken breast with brown rice and broccoli. We watched some TV then around  10:30 Kris asked if I wanted to go for another run. I thought, "Your legs feel good, you're not tired and you wanted to do some 2-a-days, so why not." It was awesome!!! I ran my longest distance of 4.14 miles and did it in 42:38. That's 10:18 per mile!! A new top speed. I did have to walk a couple times but I haven't run 4 miles in a while. That puts me at 7.14 miles today. I love seeing my own progress. Still got a lot of weight to lose though. Check out how sweaty I was after 4 miles.

It was a pretty awesome day.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! I love when my legs get that twitchy feeling and I can actually give them what they want :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. every once in a while, leave the digits at home. I remember when I ran 6 miles at a 13 minute pace :-D It will come!!

    ReplyDelete