Sunday, December 11, 2011

Somebody HELP ME!!!!!

I wake up when it's dark, drive to work when it's dark, get out of work when it's dark, go to school when it's dark, and go home when it's dark. I don't feel safe riding my bike in the dark and thing is, I HATE running in the dark.  I hate it so much that I'm not running. I really need to get back out on the road and get some miles behind me but it's cold, dark and I just don't wanna. I need some motivation. How do I get motivated to run in the winter?? I'm afraid I'm going to gain my weight back. I'm getting desperate for motivation. Any ideas??????????

I'd also like to take a quick moment and say congrats to Molly from "BounceBarkRun", Amiee from "I Tri to be me", and Jano Soto(pronounced Hahno) from "Janosoto" for their Ironman accomplishments this season. In 6 months I'll officially be an Ironman after I do the Boise 70.3. I look forward to attaining the rank of Ironman.

3 comments:

  1. Running is just as much a mental workout as it is a physical one. I also have little choice but to run when it's dark outside in the winter. Sometimes, it's hard to find motivation, but I always try to remember my end goal (my next marathon, or in your case your Ironman) and that training in the winter is what gets me there. I also always end up enjoying the cold air in my lungs and the starts and lights at night. I think I'm an exception, though, because I don't know many people that enjoy running in the winter like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get a trainer for your bike. I can't stand the trainer, but I can do an hour. if you don't have access to a treadmill, then you're going to have to run outside.

    Unless you are training for something, this is the offseason. Do what you want, when you want. Triathlon fitness is three steps forward, one step back. You WILL come back stronger next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter is the hardest time to stay motivated. I try to be patient with myself and know that I'm just not going to get as many hours in workout-wise. Especially when you get to work at dawn and leave after sundown! I need to be better about riding my trainer. And with a headlamp, you can run at any time. Ugh. Need to take my own advice.

    ReplyDelete