Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I really hate being sick.

So my workout on Saturday was small but I am NOT in running shape. I've been focusing on my biking so much that my small run of 2 and a quarter mile run made me sore for about 3 days. But even worse is that I got sick from all the toxins that were released. This happens to a lot of people. They work out and push themselves a bit too hard and that weakens their immune system while releasing toxins that are stored in fat cells and boom, you've caught a cold. It's almost gone now but I'll give it an extra day so I don't get sick again. I have a bike ride planned tomorrow and I should be okay by then.

Being sick did give me a bit of time to be creative. I made a special edition sugar cookie to commemorate my Ironman goal. Check it out. 

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you're training for a tri. I'd like to do that at some point, I just need to talk myself into buying a bike. I know what you mean about the getting sick thing. You'd think that getting super healthy running 30-40 miles a week would make you less vulnerable to getting sick. I've had more colds over the last year than I can count! Doing long runs kills your immune system whether you push yourself hard or not. The things we do for our obsessions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, feel better soon - better to get over that stuff than strain your body too much and let it linger longer. Tri training has made me much more vigilant about healthy eating and supplements - knock on wood but I haven't been sick in over a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Love the cookie btw.

    As for when you hit the hills...

    1. Never stop pedaling. even on the downhills. Its about picking up momentuum going into the uphill.

    2. Ride your bike when you can, not just during your workouts... Need milk at the store 3 miles away? Bike. Need to ride to your friend's house 2 miles away? Bike. It's not about breaking a sweat its about being on the bike as much as possible.

    3. Want to be a better runner? You guessed it. Bike. The sport of triathlon is based around its longest leg. The Bike.

    Here is a great article I read constantly. I read it after my swim on Sunday.

    http://home.trainingpeaks.com/articles/triathlon/do-it-every-day.aspx

    So what do I need to do? Hit the pool everyday, even for 15 minutes.

    Your bike speed will come. Trust me. YOU keep up the good work, I envy where you are, just starting on the adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW keep chewable vittamin C handy, after a long ride or run pop it. If you get a sniffle pop it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower... really like your blog!

    Hope you are feeling better! I totally know the feeling! :(

    You should go into business with those cookies! :) I have a feeling a lot of people would buy them!

    ReplyDelete