Friday, June 10, 2011

Helladrome

Well, tonight I had a great time. The Boise Bike Project put on a cool little shindig called the Helladrome. What is a Heladrome? That's a very good question. It’s a looped bicycle racetrack with bends, curves, dips, obstacles, penalty boxes, and speedways. Imagine velodrome + criterium + cyclecross. There were multiple heats and I chose a really fun one. I chose to ride in a "funny bike" race. Ryu (my 3 year old) was kind enough to lend me her bike. Here are some pics.


If there's one thing I learned about a little bike, it's that it comes with a little seat. My backside is killing me. But I had a great time and everyone had a good laugh.

There was also a Hella-Pie contest and this was my entry.
It was 4 alternating layers of chocolate and peanut butter cream. I won the contest and got this really cool belt buckle as a prize.

It's made of recycled bike parts and it's awesome.  I also uploaded a couple videos to my youTube channel (www.youtube.com/pipemover) so click on the Wibia bar at the bottom on the YouTube button for a good laugh.

1 comment:

  1. too funny! I hope that translates to the "big boyz bike" :-)

    ReplyDelete