Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's been far too long.

It really has been a while and I apologize for that. Life got really crazy there for a while. I've been training but not quite as hard as I should and I have hit a plateau in my weight loss. I'm stuck at 230 because I'm not nearly as ambitious with my work out schedule as I could be. That being said, there have been some major awesome's in the past month. I was able to visit my parents in Nevada. Work is going great. School started up again and I am super healthy according to my doctor. Cholesterol was low, fats are low, glucose was low and everything looked great.

Now for the sucky stuff. First of all,want you to know that I am ok both physically and emotionally. about a week and a half ago, I was on my bike when I was broadsided by a Chevy truck. I was thrown about 15 feet and I got a few bruises. This was on my junk bike. The hardtail I leave at work for the work-to-school commute actually survived better than I did. Just a loose brake and a twisted seat. My legs are a bit banged up making running a bit painful so I've been focused on swimming. I swam close to 5 miles last week. A couple days after the incident, the guy took me out to lunch. I could have easily gotten money out of the insurance company but since I was ok and the guy was really cool about the issue, I didn't really want to pursue legal action.

On Friday, we went down to Fallon, NV to visit my parents. It was really good to see them and they really enjoyed the face time with Ryu. I got a good run in and an even better bike ride in and felt pretty good about my workouts. Then, (you might want to sit down for this), On the way home 2 straps on my bike rack snapped and dropped our bikes on the freeway at 75 miles per hour. I'm now desperate for bike parts. The frame set and derailleurs were fine but my shifters are toast, wheels are bent and my cassette got banged up. Kind of a traumatic experience. I really need some charity right now (or a sponsor). I can get my bike up and running with about $500.00. Until then I'm stuck on the spin bikes at the gym.

Now back to some fun news. I have earned another bib. A buddy and I ran a 10k mountain obstacle course called the dirty dash. It was a lot of dirty clean fun. It really was a blast. Close to 10000 people showed up. Kris took Ryu on the "Piglet Plunge" which was a little 1 mile run for all the kids ages 3-12. Here are some pics.

We had some serious fun and some kinda sucky moments in the last little while, but all in all, spirits are high. Please let me know if you have any spare parts you'd be willing to donate to Magnus. 


 I'll try not to let life get so much in the way of my blogging. Until next time my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your recent mishaps, but I'm glad that you're okay! I want to do the dirty dash, it looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude... glad you're still in one piece. ok. admit. you dropped your bikes off the bike rack to make me feel better :-) I absolutely made a total mess out of mine (broke in 2) a few months out from Ironman Arizona. There, I feel better now :-)

    This too shall pass. Things can always be replaced. The karma meter is turning in your direction.

    ReplyDelete