Friday, August 2, 2013

Re-Genesis

In the last 9 months I've moved to Utah for my new job. I have been working really hard to build my reputation at work. I've created a bit of a name for myself and my hard work is really starting to pay off. Here's the rub. I've been so stinking focused on my job that I've pretty much stopped working out. I gained close to 40 lbs and I'm back up to 256 lbs. That was my highest weight when I decided to get in to triathlon. So, what do I do? I join Gold's Gym and start swimming. 400 yards and I was pooped. I pushed and pushed and I'm now up to 2400 yards in less than an hour. I hope to get to 2 miles in under an hour in the next 2 weeks. I've lost a couple pounds and am well on my way back to health. I'm in full scale training. I want to do Ironman Coeur D' Alene next June and hope to do a couple smaller tri's this winter. My long term goal is Kona 2015. I'm really focused on working toward my goals. Wish me luck with the "re"-start of my fitness plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment