Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Starting over for the new year

It's hard to believe that I did the Ironman a mere 7 months ago. Not because so much has happened in the last 7 months, but more along the lines that anyone who looks at me would probably raise a skeptic eyebrow to finding out that I actually did it. I've gained quite a bit of weight back and have decided that it's time to get back on the wagon. Now that we're pretty settled into our new lives here in Utah, I feel that it is time for me to start training again. I think that New Year's is a good time for starting over.

Here's my plan. I've got to get back to running. That is my ultimate priority. My work has a gym that I'll visit 3 times a week for a half hour or so of strength training and I will be running every other day. I'll be starting small with maybe a mile and a half and increase by 10 percent every week. This starts tonight. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment